Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing # 17: Rollyo

I think this is the most useful thing I've learned so far. I watched the video by Bruce Goodner and it was all so clear, despite the video screen was way too tiny to read anything. But, I could hear him, so I was good. I followed all of his instructions and it was a piece of cake. I opened an account on Rollyo. I made a customized search engine. It is for Children's Book Award sites. This will come in handy once I am a librarian. If you'd like to see it, here is the link:

http://rollyo.com/signorina/book_awards/

It includes the Texas Bluebonnet Award winners, Children's Notable Lists winners, Texas 2X2 Award winners, and Pura Belpre Award winners. I will have to come back to this site and this list to make it even better at a later date.

1 comment:

  1. Angie,

    I too liked Rollyo - what a great way to save time and energy. I liked that you did a Children's Book Award searchroll - how helpful that will be to an elementary librarian. I know I access those sites/lists regularly. Thanks for the idea!

    Maddie

    ReplyDelete