Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing # 21: Podcasts and Videocasts

This is definitely my least favorite thing. My computer keeps telling me there is a piece of equipment attached to my computer that, "a device attached to the system is not functioning." It won't let me play my Photostory. I will try to attach it here. Hopefully you all can try it at home and let me know if I was able to get the audio part attached to it. I used 2 different microphones and my computer still told me that same message. I recorded my story twice, too. If it doesn't sound, I will need to keep trying to add the sound later. Here goes...
Aparently, it won't load on here, either. It's telling me to contact support with all these long, long numbers. Great. Will come back to this. It already has taken hours.

I got the sound on there and I got it loaded, but for some reason now the thing won't play the sound recording! If anyone has any tips on why this is so, please let me know. I know the sound is saved on there because I played it back on another computer before I uploaded it on here. I just don't know how to get it to sound on here. I'm sure it's something small I need to adjust or something. Anybody?




Halleluja! Or however you spell it. After about 40 hours of trying different computers, different microphones, and making this same story at least 2 dozen times, it is loaded on here, and it works! I hope you all enjoy it, because it took A TON more work to get it to work than it looks like it did. This was one THING that took way more work than it looks like it took- the only thing like that, actually. But, I enjoyed it. And I love the podcast. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. you are having difficulties I have not heard about. Does your PS story play without the sound...maybe try adding some music from within PS and see what happens.
    When you go to upload it to your blog it MUST be wmv...that is a multi-screen save process on the saving step in PS, not merely the save project button (wp3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recorded my voice to the photo story, and played it back on another computer. But, it won't play here at school, for some reason. Anybody know why?

    ReplyDelete