Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing # 6: Mashups and Third Party Sites

I looked at "Montager", which I got by clicking on the "mashups" link from Dr. Bishop's Library2Play blog. Immediately when I saw it, my mouse accidently started enlarging pictures as it floated around on the sample collage of pictures that comes up on the site's main page. I loved it. It had lots of different pictures of models that looked like they were from Vogue or some other trendy magazine. I immediately thought of the HUGE collage of pictures they have at the Children's Museum of Houston in the entry hall. It is composed of tons of tiny passport picture size pictures that were taken by visitors in the picture booth over the years. I am sure they got it made by a company like this. It looks like it could have been done by this exact company. It's always neat to know where you can get something cool made yourself that you saw somewhere. The prices are not bad, either. A 3' by 4' canvas collage of photographs would cost about $170; and the shipping is free. I will have to keep this in mind. The products really are beautiful, and the idea is just so creative.

Students would love to use the Montager to make a Mother's day present for mom, or a Father's day present for dad. I know my son LOVES to bring these type of things home from school- the excitement! I know he would be overjoyed to bring home a product that looked like an adult made it. My kindergarteners would have felt this way about it, I'm sure. And the parents would have sent in the money for it, too. Everyone would have been very pleased, I think. I will surely want to showcase this in at least an e-mail for teachers in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment